IIIIII
Typographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-HouseTypographic: Filaret-Printing-House
Filaret Printing House
The former Printing House of CFR (the Romanian state railway carrier), today called Tipografica Filaret S.A. was established in October 1893 as a result of the railway system being take over by the State and implicitly, of a bigger need of printed material. The printing house strated out with 3 machines and 40 workers. In 1930 it grew to 240 workers and moved into a new building. Starting 1964, it functioned as subordinate to the Council, and in 1991 was taken over by the SNCFR (The National Society of the Romanian Railway Carrier) - at the moment the second biggest printing house in the country. In the past years it has made notable aquisitions and improvements; what you see in this section are only some of the old machines that the printing press decided to keep. The photographs were take in 2010, the year that the documenting process for Graphics without computers books started.
 

 

Photographer
Ciprian Isac
 
 



Graphicfront encourages comments to be short and to the point; as a general rule, they should not run longer than the original post. Comments should show a courteous regard for the presence of other voices in the discussion. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments that do not adhere to this standard.

name

e-mail

please enter the code from image

send